Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas out - New Years in

Well, it is the day after Christmas. I am kind of glad it is over. We had a really good Christmas this year, even though I fretted through most of December because I was late doing everything. All of my cookies did not get baked, I did not fully decorate my house, and I was not really in the mood for the shopping. After all of the worrying, we had plenty of treats, the house was festive enough and the kids received a lot of great presents.

December started out with us going to Walt Disney World in Florida. We went the day after Thanksgiving and stayed for five days. The weather was great and the Hotel we stayed in was nice. We had a two bedroom suite at the Lake Buena Vista Spa and Resort. We will stay there again.

Our family went with my husband's sister. She has two adorable little boys that really enjoyed Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Gabe, who is four, really liked the "parts" ride (Backlot Tour). My family really liked the Soaring ride at Epcot.



We went to my mom's house for Christmas eve appetizers and when we came back home the girls were all hyper running around. I was exhausted and finally told them to leave the first floor so Santa could come. Usually they open PJs on Christmas Eve but I did not know which boxes contained the PJs, so they had nothing to open.



Baylee decided they would wake up at 6:10 a.m. to open their presents. I am not sure why ten after the hour was chosen, but sure enough they were up at 6:10 and ready to open presents. Half way through opening presents, it hit me the flash was off on my camera and most of my pics were dark. oops! I still had quite a few that turned out. All of the girls received clothes, scarfs, gloves, fancy tights, over the knee socks, and an assortment of gift cards. Baylee got some Wii games, Chelsea got a camera, and Lauren got two pairs of boots. They older girls also got steamers for their clothes since neither like to iron. I got my cast iron dutch oven, a ceramic casserole pan and pie plate, and two scarves. T J got shoes, t-shirts, NCIS and Seinfeld videos.


My family came over on Christmas day for brunch. We had ham, french toast, raspberry muffins, fruit salad and spinach casserole. Later in the day we had left over ham, and my mom had brought over stuff to make a salad. I also made a broccoli salad and Pioneer Woman's Fancy Macaroni. I did not really get any decent pictures of the food or the gathering. I guess I was busy socializing.

This is really good. I have never had goat cheese before and was hesitant, but this was really good. I did take her advice and only add macaroni a little at a time to ensure the casserole would not be dry. The 4 cups of macaroni is probably a little to much. I used elbow macaroni and I had a small bowl of noodles that I did not use. This was yummy and I will make this again. I will probably adapt this to my family and chop the onions up smaller and add cheddar to the top.

We don't have plans for New Year's Eve yet but I am looking forward to the new year. I am hoping that next year goes a little easier on my finances! I think everyone wants that! I am not much for new years resolutions so I am not sure if I will have one.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and they have a safe and happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment