I am always looking for a great chocolate chip cookie. These are pretty good, maybe not the "ultimate" in my book, but they were pretty good and disappeared quickly. I got the recipe from the cookbook Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale. It is actually the recipe on the back of the Crisco Stick package. We loved how they were crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. If you are still looking for your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, give this one try. In the meantime, I am going to try a few other recipes.
I entered these into Mommy's Kitchen Potluck Sunday. Check out all of the great entries!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans*
*You may substitute an additional 1/2 cup chocolate chips for the pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine sugar, 3/4 cup shortening, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at a low speed just until blended. Stir in Chocolate Chips and nuts.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart onto un-greased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 - 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.