Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Orleans Style Roasted Spiced Shrimp


I don't normally find recipes in the newspaper that I want to try. My husband found the below recipe and stuck it on the refrigerator so I decided to give it a try. The shrimp were pretty spicy for me but he loved them. I have made them several times.
I entered these into Mommy's Kitchen Potluck Sunday. Check out all of the great entries.
New Orleans-Style Roasted Spiced Shrimp
2 lbs large shrimp
1 stick butter
3 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp kosher sale
1 tsp dried thyme or Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika, preferably smoked
1 tsp hot sauce
1. Arrange shrimp in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter melts.
2. Pour over shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes (this can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours before roasting).
3. In a preheated 325 degree oven, roast shrimp until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with pan juices.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment