Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breakfast

Boy, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I was out of town most of last week and this week is flying by! I made chicken with homemade noodles the other night but I did not take any pictures. I guess that is alright because I am not sure I can post that recipe. It is not really a recipe, it is more like guidelines to making chicken and noodles. I grew up watching my mom and grandma make noodles and I learned just by watching, so I don't have any measurements. The next time I make them I will try to write down all of the steps and some measurements. I think it is the best comfort food of all times!!

While I was out of town last week, I stayed with my sister-in-law and she made Penne with Roasted Vegetables. It was like eating at a restaurant!!! I made the dish for dinner tonight and my husband said it is a keeper. I will try to post it tomorrow, I took pictures!

Soooooo for tonight I will post a breakfast food. This is a great grab-n-go scone. I personally do not enjoy breakfast. I think maple syrup is yucky, the smell just kills me! It is a joke in my house and I get teased all the time! Unfortunately, cereal makes my stomach hurt and eggs makes me a little nauseous. So you can see, not only am I weird, but I have good reasons in my head why breakfast is not enjoyable!

I saw this recipe on Recipezaar and I thought, "Whoa, this may be right up my alley!". It is mostly bread with a little egg, bacon and cheese.

BACON, how can it be bad!

Bacon is the one breakfast food I really enjoy, it is just too bad that it has to be the most unhealthy food on the planet! Anyway, these WERE delicious and they smelled so fabulous I could hardly wait for them to cool before bit into one! These freeze well and you just pop them in the microwave for a minute or so and they are just as delicious as fresh baked.


Bacon, Egg and Cheddar Scones

I linked this to the recipe on Recipezaar. Evelyn from Athens has quite a few recipes that look great. I marked quite a few that I would like to try.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment