Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wrapped Pickles

I grew up with this pickles at picnics, reunions, or any misc get together. My family has always made them with Buddig Beef, but I have seen them made with hard salami or ham lunch meat.  I prefer the Buddig Beef.  Made sure you don't skimp on the cream cheese. The trick is to use the soft cream cheese in a tub.  It is so much easier to spread than the brick. Sometimes I even double wrap the pickle so there are two layers of meat and cream cheese.  Yum!


Pickle Wraps
Dill pickles
Soft tub cream cheese
Buddig Beef  (one pkg will wrap 6-10 pickles depending on pickle size)

Set out cream cheese for at least 10 mins to help make the spreading easier.  Lay out beef slices on wax paper. Spread a layer of cream cheese on each beef slice, ensuring you spread it out to the edges. Lay pickle on beef slice and roll.  If you have large pickles you may need two beef slices to cover entire pickle. Once pickles are wrapped, place in refrigerator for about 10- 15 minutes before slicing ( I did not do this due to time restraints so you can see in my picture where the cream cheese was soft and did not make perfect slices).  Each pickle will make 3-5 slices depending on size of pickles.  These are addicting so make extra!!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment