Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brownies with something extra!

On Sunday Chelsea was coming over for dinner so I wanted to make a dessert. I did not have much time so gathering up 100 ingredients and whipping up a snazzy delight was out of the question. Instead I grabbed a cheap brownie mix and added one of those large Symphony candy bars with the almonds and toffee. These were sooooooo gooooood! I put half of the batter in the pan, topped with half of the crushed up candy bar, then came the rest of the batter and topped it with the rest of the candy bar. The crunch from the nuts and toffee were yummy and all that extra chocolate made the brownies so rich. Next time I will use one of those candy bars with peanut butter in the middle, or maybe something with a little carmel! This is a really good way to spruce up the cheap brownie mix and give your brownie your own little spin.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment