Friday, November 26, 2010

Appetizers - Cucumber and Celery

This year for Thanksgiving I wanted some appetizers that were easy to make finger foods and could be prepared the night before. I knew I wanted to do something with celery and cucumbers. They are refreshing to eat and you don't really fill up on them. So many of the recipes for stuffed celery have raisins or nuts in them but I found one with cheese and ranch dressing which is a winning combo to me. I also looked for a recipe for cucumber sandwiches. After I made them I realized it was not the taste I remember from parties but this one was not bad. I used white bread party rounds so the bread held up. I actually have a few still in the refrigerator and the bread is still good.


Cucumber Appetizer
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg dry italian dressing mix
1 c. mayonnaise
1 - 2 cucumbers
Italian baguette, slided thin, or white party rounds
Fresh dill

Mix first three ingredients to make the cheese mixture. Slice cucumbers. Spread cheese mixture on bread and then top with cucumber.

If you use the party rounds, you may assemble appetizers the night before the party. If you use Italian baguette, wait to prepare until same day.

Top with fresh dill.



Celery Appetizer
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup prepared ranch dressing
Celery

Mix first three ingredients and spread or pipe into celery. If you are going to pipe the cheese mixture into the celery, make sure cheddar is finely shredded.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment